Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year to you. I was sitting and knitting,naturally, and was thinking about midnight tonight when I will be asleep, but what about any resolutions for 2010? I have been thinking about this for a while. I don't generally make any but somehow this year I wanted to. Maybe the 2010 thing...... I will make one or two personal ones that you don't care to know, but I am making one that I want to share with you and perhaps challenge you with. I am going to enhance and expand my knitting skills this year. I haven't had alot of time to do this in 2009 with opening the shop and all, but this year I want to grow personally in my repetoire. I want to learn intarsia, I want to challenge myself with harder patterns. Iwant to be proud of my skills and the way to do this is to learn more. I have always done and created things with my hands. I do believe that this is a gift that God has blessed me with. I didn't say He gave me the ability to be really good at these things but He has blessed me with the ability to use a needle and thread and needles and yarn to bring joy to myself and I believe to others in my life. It keeps me quiet while my husband is reading or watching football, it has made my mom remember me when she wraps up in one of the shawls I have made for her (I hope she feels the hug), it has made my children groan with another " please don't make me try that on again", but they were usually pleased with the end result and it has given me alot of peace and serenity to feel the yarn flow through my fingers.

I endeavor to take more classes myself this year. I am already signing up tonight for some in April. I will take some more in June. If I pay for these now, I WILL take them so I am signing the check and filling out the forms. My learning things will help you too if you will let it. Give some thought to taking some classes with us at the Cottage. You will make more friends, learn new skills and just take some time for yourself. The group that now knits on Saturday morning started out taking a class and they seem to have become fast friends. I want to be one of those groups.

So, happy and healthy 2010 to you and yours. What are you going to do for yourself this year????

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment